About the Home & School Association
Merion’s Home and School Association (HSA) is open to all parents/guardians of enrolled students at Merion Elementary School. The HSA is a volunteer led organization, with the mission to build community and provide enrichment to our children. Membership is automatic and there are no fees or dues required to be an active member, however if you are able, we ask families to contribute an annual amount each year to support our HSA activities.
The suggested family contribution for the 22-23 school year is $35 per family (more is always welcome!). Merion HSA is a 501(c)3 and all donations to the HSA are tax deductible. The HSA is funded entirely through donations and fundraising -- please consider supporting us!
So where does the money go?
- Teacher appreciation - periodic meals and gifts to say thanks to our awesome staff
- Merion Muse - Merion’s very own printed newspaper is coming back!
- Classroom enrichment funds and mini-grant support through the Interschool Council - available for all teachers for a special project or lesson for their classroom
- Artist in Residence - An all-school activity to build an installation art piece for the school
- Cultural Heritage Night - Merion’s night of international celebration
- Community building events including grade-level meet-and-greet gatherings, support for the 4th grade graduating class, and back-to-school gifts for the children
- Much more! (Go here for a full list of events and activities)