Welcome back to school! As the Co-Presidents of Merion’s HSA, we would like to give you a brief overview of what your HSA means to you and your family. Because you are a parent at Merion, you are already a part of the HSA. Merion’s HSA provides three main areas of support:
1. Volunteers of your HSA provide you with information like the Directory, the FYI and act as a liaison to LMSD initiatives and programs.
2. Volunteers of your HSA coordinate social and fund-raising events - like International Night and the Spring Fair - which serve to build and strengthen our Merion Community.
3. Volunteers of your HSA help coordinate enrichment activities- like the Artist/Scholar-in-Residence, assemblies and after school clubs - which provide opportunities to round out your children’s elementary school experience.
Merion’s HSA is run by parent volunteers like you. Whether you have one hour to give this year or one hour per week, there is a way for you to get involved. Please look for the Back-To-School Checklist included in this packet, which provides:
- A checklist of forms and their due dates.
- Some HSA initiatives which are in need of volunteer help.
- Some simple, easy ways that you can help your HSA raise money to keep our programs running.
This is your HSA. We welcome your input and we need your help. Please contact us any time and check out your HSA website at www.merionhsa.org.
We wish you and your children a happy and healthy school year!