What is Merion’s HSA?
Merion’s HSA is a collaboration between all staff and teachers, parents and guardians of Merion Elementary School. You are already a member of Merion’s HSA!
What does Merion’s HSA do?
Throughout the school year, Merion's HSA:
- Provides information like the Directory, the FYI and website, and acts as a liaison to LMSD initiatives and programs.
- Coordinates social and fund-raising events like the Book Fair and the Spring Fair - which serve to build and strengthen our Merion Community.
- Coordinates enrichment activities like the Artist-in-Residence, assemblies and After School Clubs - which provide opportunities to enhance your children’s elementary school experience.
Merion’s HSA goes beyond bake sales. Ideas from Merion parents have been the inspiration for the following initiatives:
- The Talk to Me Program, to help ESL families acclimate to Merion life.
- International Night and International Night Cookbook: mark your calendar for Oct. 23, 2014!
- The After School Club program: watch your FYI for details.
- The Gaga Court, a playground favorite
Your HSA is run by parent volunteers like you.
Whether you can give one hour per week or one hour per year, there is a way for you to be involved.
This is your HSA. We welcome your input. We ask for your help. Please contact us any time, and check out your HSA website at www.merionhsa.org. We wish you and your family a happy and healthy school year!
Kristine DelMonte and Melanie Schafmeister
Co-Presidents, Merion HSA