- Community Service - organize events and charitable drives throughout the year. Past Projects have included: growing vegetable plants from seeds to donate to local food pantries, an art supply drive for children at CHOP, and raising money in response to natural disasters, such as Japan and Haiti.
- Fifth Grade Reception - A fourth grade parent is needed to organize the reception for the Fifth Grade Promotion Ceremony in June.
- ISC Art Show - helps with the Inter-School Council Art Show at Main Line Art Center which is held once a year. Art is chosen from each school by the school art teachers and is submitted to the show.
- Lost and Found - Items with missing owners are brought to the cafeteria for lost and found. Parents should routinely search the lost and box for items they've lost. Chairperson should keep the lost and found area organized, and send out periodic reminder fliers and notices in the FYI to parents.
- School Board Observer - Reps should attend school board meetings at least once per month and bring news and information back to the HSA to keep parents informed of what is going on at the district level.
- Spring Fair - This annual Merion Elementary community event needs two chairpeople to coordinate the games, arts & crafts, food, bake sale, drinks, prizes, dj and volunters.
- K-1 Breakfast Buddies - Organize this early morning event for Kindergarteners & First Graders and their families or caregivers. This is scheduled for Friday, Oct 12 from 8:15 thru 9:05AM.
Please let us know by email if you are interested in chairing any of the following committees:
We want to hear from you!